Where appropriate, Priory Park Community School endeavors to offer its curriculum remotely in the event of short or long-term absence.
In developing these contingency plans our remote plan ensures that:
- We use a curriculum sequence that allows access to high-quality resources that are linked to the school’s curriculum expectations
- give access to high quality remote education resources
- select resources that will be consistently used across the school in order to allow interaction, assessment and feedback.
- provide printed resources, such as textbooks and workbooks for pupils
- recognise that younger pupils and some pupils with SEND may not be able to access remote education without adult support and so schools should work with families to deliver a broad and ambitious curriculum
- the School’s safeguarding policy remains unchanged throughout and any concerns are reported via the same channels as laid out within the safeguarding.
Where a school closure is necessary, students should continue to follow their normal timetable remotely.
Teaching Staff should ensure the following –
- Where a full closure has taken place, sufficient learning materials should be posted to all students. This should be proportionate to the learning content that would take place within centre. Enrichment cannot be covered virtually.
- Teachers / Teaching Assistants will populate emergency work packs as a supportive measure.
- Teachers will deliver virtual lessons as per the school’s Remote Learning Timetable via Microsoft Teams. The timetable will be posted here.